Communication is one of the keys to being an effective leader. We must develop our communication skills. Please discuss the things that leaders can do to create a culture of effective communication?
Please complete the following questions in a word document.
1. Communication is one of the keys to being an effective leader. We must develop our communication skills. Please discuss the things that leaders can do to create a culture of effective communication?
2. Companies will spend many hours planning. They will plan for new products, expansion, customer service, employee development etc. Everything must be planned. However, not all of our plans run smoothly. Many plans do not work, and in fact, they cause more damage. Companies will install systems of controls to help catch problems before and as they are happing. With all of this planning and controlling, how do companies fail? What are some of the signs that a company lacks the effective controls? Discuss some strategies that might be used to help a company install better organizational control.
3. As our environments (customers, competition, government, etc.) evolve, we as a business must also evolve. This means change. Change is often very obvious, but it is often the most difficult part of business. It is difficult because people (i.e. our employees) do not like to change. Discuss the reasons that people resist change. Describe how to effectively manage this resistance to change and to enlist cooperation.
4. Select and research a well-known leader from the past. This leader may be in business or politics. Then, select a well-known leader from recent/current history. The current leader should be in the same setting as the leader from the past (i.e. If your leader from the past was in business, your current leader should be from business). Citing at least two sourced, answer the following questions:
A. Based on your research, compare and contrast the trait characteristics of each leader. Are there differences?
B. Please comment on evolution of leadership through time? Could these leaders be switched (meaning could they be switch and experience the same level of success?).
5. Our management class has outlined a series of tools, techniques, theories, etc. as to help you become a better manager and build a better business. Please discuss what can be done as a manager to build a superior company?