Topic 2 dq 1 and 2 due on 16th
Topic 2 DQ 1
Do you believe the statement “perception is reality”? Why or why not?
Topic 2 DQ 2
Critique the two presentations available under this week’s readings. What do you think is done well in each and what do you think could have been done better? Consider presentation best practices such as use of white space, amount of text per slide, font size, etc. In addition, analyze if the content is well-organized, comprehensive, and informative.
Include one APA style reference to an article that you have found in the GCU library to use as a resource for your Power Point Presentation.
Imagine you are an expert on critical thinking. You have been asked to give a presentation on the concepts of perception and critical thinking. Create a PowerPoint that contains the following:
1. Eight slides (one title slide, six content slides, and one
2. How all five senses impact perception
3. The role of perception in critical thinking
4. Speaker notes that elaborate on the bulleted content on
5. Three resources (one from the library, and two from
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Review the PowerPoint tutorial on the Microsoft website accessible through the GCU library for help with how to use Microsoft PowerPoint. See this weeks readings for the link.
Persuasive Essay: Brainstorming Worksheet
Review How Should I Brainstorm? in the media piece The Writing Process. The media piece explores six ways to brainstorm:
1) Free Writing
2) Breaking Down a Topic
5) Three Perspectives
6) Journalistic Questio
1. Choose three ways to brainstorm from the list above.
2. Brainstorm about the topic of your Persuasive Essay using each of your chosen three methods. Each brainstorming session should last at least 10 minutes in length.
3. Document the information from your brainstorming sessions in the space provided below. The information for each brainstorm should be substantive in nature, providing further insight into your current knowledge on your topic.
4. If you choose to brainstorm by mapping/webbing, document your brainstorm, please use the Smart Art feature within Word to create the map.
Documentation of Brainstorm:
Record and identify your brainstorm strategies below, using as much space as needed for each entry. Make sure your information is substantive and is on your essay topic. Please do not write about the brainstorming strategies in general.