MODEL TYPE : INEQUALITIES IN HEALTH
Explore the major reasons for their health inequalities and the impact it has on this group. Critically discuss different strategies to support what needs to happen to improve the health of this group.
This essay will explore the health inequalities of people with physical disabilities and the impact health inequality has on them. It will also discuss different strategies that has be put in place to support and improve the health of people with physical disabilities. It will also argued and identify theories and discuss important principles that needs to be taken into consideration to improve health inequalities in people with physical disabilities. (PLEASE FOLLOW THIS INTRODUCTION WHEN WRITING)
1. Defined Health Inequalities and Physical Disability
2. Theories of Inequalities: – Social Factors and life
course of health –
Book – Davey Smith, G. (ed) (2003) Health Inequalities.
Life course Approaches. Bristol: Polity Press Bristol.
3. Social Determinant of Health Book – (Dalgreen
and Whitehead, 1998)
4. Discuss the social and psychological explanation to health inequalities and the impact this has on people with physical disabilities and strategies that will improve inequality on the health of people of this group. Books – Wilkinson, R (1996) Unhealthy Societies London :Routledge
Bartley, M. (2004) Health inequality: An introduction to Concepts, Theories and Methods. Cambridge: Polity.Chapter 6
5. Psychosocial Aspect – Book ( Davey Smith, G. (ed) (2003) Health Inequalities. Lifecourse Approaches. Bristol: The Policy Press Section 1)
6. Identify patterns of health Inequality and inequity between people living in a disadvantage area and those living in an influence area.
Public Health England (2017) Learning Disabilities Observatory
Department of Health (2016) work, health and disability green paper
Office for National Statistic (2018)
7. Critical evaluation of the potential impact taken by government and it social policies with the initiatives and interventions in reducing health inequalities for people with physical disabilities
Include 2 articles relating to health Inequalities with physical disabilities
Kent County Council (2016) Public Health report. Available at: http://www.kpho.org.uk/annual-reports#tab1
Lister, R. (2010).Understanding theories and concepts in social policy. Bristol: Policy Press.
Marmot, M (2010). Fair Society, Healthy Lives: The Marmot Review. London: UCL Institute of Health Equity.
Nutbeam, D. (2004). Getting evidence into policy and practice to address health inequalities. Health promotion International, 19,(2). 137-140.
Conclusion and Recommendation